We are here to see to it that the university and its alumni develop and maintain close relationships to insure the future generations of students against dwindling resources from the public purse, and to ensure that the university can build such that it contributes to solving South Africa and Africa’s most pressing concerns at an ever-higher level.
To this end, our Fundraising team works tirelessly to secure new donations to the university and maintain existing relations with our generous donors. These are the people behind the scenes who make a large portion of the university’s work and its efforts to become an inclusive and Africa-centric institution possible.
Similarly, our Alumni Relations unit are often the point of contact between yourselves and us in the department, be it at a Distinguished Alumni Speaker Series lecture, a meeting of your local chapter or affinity group, of the Alumni Advisory Board, the Alumni Student Association, the UCT Association of Black Alumni or Convocation.
Our Communications manager produces the annual UCT Alumni News and keeps our website and social media platforms ticking over with news about the university and its alumni that we think you’d like to see. See the latest editions of UCT Alumni News.
Vision and Mission
The vision of the Development and Alumni Department is to be a high performing department that is effective at raising funds to advance the strategic objectives and goals of the university, promotes the active engagement of the alumni community in the life of the university and remains relevant in the way in which it communicates with all of its constituencies and stakeholders.
DAD’s mission is to:
- Consistently increase funding and donations to UCT from corporates, foundations, trusts, bequests and individuals, nationally and internationally.
- Build a strong, supportive, engaged and generous community of alumni and friends, nationally and globally.
- Develop strong partnerships and relationships with donors, funders and alumni and provide exemplary stewardship to them.
- Process donations and gifts in a professional and timely manner and ensure the timeous issuing of Section 18A tax certificates.
- Maintain and constantly update a database of integrity of donors and alumni.